Two years ago, I saw a few people make a list of 100 things about them. I made one as well, but I deleted it for various reasons. I think it’s a really fun idea! Hard to come up with 100 though!
As I have time on my hands this evening, I thought it would be really fun to try again and see what I can come up with. 🙂 I think it’s a great way to evaluate who you are, where you’ve been, and how blessed you are. It’s just so easy to forget that sometimes!
1. I was born in Hayward, California on New Year’s Eve.
2. When I was almost 7, my parents decided to move to Northern California.
3. I won the spelling bee in 5th grade and progressed to the county level.
4. I misspelled the word “enamel”, much to the dismay of my father(the painter).
5. I won the “Geography Bee” twice between 5th-7th grade (don’t remember when).
6. Much of my life was dedicated to beating Casey Coffman in everything. 🙂
7. I started playing the clarinet in 4th grade.
8. I got bored with the clarinet in 6th grade and started the flute.
9. My first piano lesson was at the age of 8.
10. My freshman year I started playing French Horn (bored with flute).
11. I have gone to at least one camp nearly every year since 4th grade.
12. In 8th grade, I went to the state level of the “History Day” competition.
13. My entry was a video documentary on The Beatles.
14. In 1998, I sang at the State Youth Conference in front of 7,000 people.
15. In 1999, I was an exchange student to Guadalajara, Mexico.
16. I was in three musicals in high school.
17. “Bye Bye Birdie” –I was Alice, the mayor’s daughter (1 solo and 2 trios)
18. “Brigadoon”–I was Jean (a lead, with two solos)
19. “The Sound of Music”–I was Sister Sophia (a nun, opened the play a capella).
20. I graduated high school with a 3.998 GPA.
21. I was .02 from graduating with “Distinction and Honor”.
22. I’m not bitter at all!
23. I have been to 23 states: Alaska, California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Colorado, Texas, Ohio, Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Delaware and Nevada.
24. I have been to three countries: Canada, Mexico and Tunisia.
25. One of my goals in life is to visit all seven continents.
26. I want to have four kids someday.
27. I now play seven instruments: Piano, guitar, flute, clarinet, french horn, mandolin, and ukelele (learning).
28. I have an incredible family (immediate and extended), and love them dearly.
29. I have a rabbit named Casey (after Casey Jones, railroad conductor).
30. He was NOT named after my life-long rival, Casey Coffman.
31. My favorite NASCAR driver is Casey Mears.
32. My favorite driver was always Ricky Rudd until he retired.
33. I raced once, led a few laps and then was spun into the wall.
34. That ended my racing “career”, LOL.
35. I once had a prescription to chew gum (6th grade). Seriously.
36. I love photography.
37. I used to eat Heinz Ketchup on everything. Even fruit.
38. I love getting reactions out of people (i.e. #37).
39. I would love to go to Italy on my honeymoon.
40. I’ve been told by over 30 people that I look like Lindsay Lohan.
41. And that was on two continents (N. America and Africa).
42. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from Azusa Pacific Univ.
43. I am in TIME Magazine (in a group), in the very center of the magazine.
44. I was on ABC for approx. 30 seconds during the 2005 Inauguration.
45. My parents have sacrificed far more than I will ever know, so that I could have the life I have so enjoyed.
46. I started to learn Arabic, and will finish someday. Just not right now.
47. I love biking and hiking.
48. I think picnics are a perfect way to spend a day.
49. I love surprising people.
50. The most elaborate surprise I’ve ever done was in February 2004.
51. I flew to Chicago to cheer up a friend who needed it.
52. He had NO idea. 🙂 And it was a great weekend.
53. Classical music can move me to tears.
54. I was a Southern Baptist “Summer Missionary” for two summers in Pennsylvania.
55. I worked on three campaigns during college.
56. I have only been to one protest (Hillary Clinton and Gray Davis). It was fun!
57. I still can’t believe that I live in Southern California.
58. However, it is growing on me, and it’s not so bad.
59. I’ve learned that you never really know someone until you live with them.
60. I had 17 roommates during my four years of college: Allison, Leslie, Sara, Jessica, Alli, Katie, Rebecca, Jo, Jen, Kori, Brianna, Jes, Erin, Courtney, Erin, Kait, Ananda.
61. Two months ago, I was asked to show ID in order to buy Sudafed.
62. The cashier didn’t believe I was over 18. I’m 23. That was not a compliment.
63. I love driving.
64. I love baking/cooking.
65. Camping and fishing are two things I wish I had discovered much earlier!
66. I am lactose intolerant. Grrr!!
67. I am very allergic to bees (Epi-pen at all times!), and am terrified of them.
68. My sophomore year in high school I got the Performing Arts “Juliet Award”.
69. The award was given to the female with the most relationships that year.
70. It was NOT a compliment! Especially because I only “dated” four guys, I think.
71. I love maps. I can spend HOURS studying them.
72. I have had two surgeries on my radial nerve in my right arm.
73. Because of those two surgeries, I have a “Nike sign” scar that is 8 inches long.
74. James Madison is my favorite U.S. President
75. Of all the books I own, I’ve read less than 50% in their entirety.
76. I could drink apple juice every day.
77. I am extremely opinionated, but have become more open-minded as I get older.
78. For 21 years, I had straight hair, but always wanted curly hair.
79. Between 21-22 yrs, my hair began to develop a wave/curl to it.
80. I finally have curly-ish hair!!
81. I lied about my weight on my driver’s license.
82. I was a vocal performance major when I first started college.
83. I have issues with my roommate’s can-opener. It won’t work for me!
84. I haven’t been kissed in two years. It was six years before that. And that’s okay!!
85. I love singing the National Anthem.
86. One of my life goals is to sing it at a major sporting event…like NASCAR!
87. I am a redneck. It didn’t occur to me until I moved to SoCal.
88. Voting is SO exciting to me!
89. My favorite band EVER is Caedmon’s Call. Hands down.
90. I don’t like alcohol.
91. I love “The Learning Channel” and “The History Channel.”
92. I really love Jack Bauer!!
93. For 11 years of my life I planned on being an astronaut.
94. I even had a Congressman lined up to write my recommendation to the USAF Academy.
95. Daisies are my favorite flowers. They’re just so happy! 🙂
96. I am now the “Missions Coordinator” at my church. Self-appointed. 🙂
97. Most of my closest friends in life have been guys.
98. I make homemade icecream that is non-dairy…and no one can tell!
99. I was class treasurer for three years in high school.
100. Without God, none of this would have been possible. 🙂
Now you know a little bit more about me…that was a hard list to come up with! 🙂