We made good progress on our goals for the year during the month of January, despite traveling to California for a week and spending two weekends in training at the Milton Hershey School!
Brennan and Lesa:
* Finish one book a month (minimum) √
Brennan: Finished “Alcatraz”
Lesa: Finished “Radical Together“, “I Am Second“, and “Then Sings My Soul: Book 3”
* Finish funding emergency fund ($1,000)
Open new savings account specifically for the emergency fund
We added another savings account to our bank account, and we made a large deposit this week.
* Finish paying off credit cards by December 2012
We made larger than normal payments on our two remaining credit cards.
* Finish using all Groupons/gift certificates
print them all out (chose to make a list instead of printing) and schedule on calendar as “date nights”
We have so many gift certificates/Groupons that we won’t need to pay for a date night this year, most likely!
* Finish protecting important documents by purchasing a “fire safe”
We have started to research safes, and we are saving up to purchase one.
* Finish losing 30 pounds and keep it off permanently
Only lost 2 lbs this month, which I blame on traveling to California 🙂
Finish organizing clothes in bedroom (i.e. figure out solution with tiny closet) and keep them organized
I finished this one early, thanks to a budget early in January that allowed for a little extra spending. We purchased a few simple items that have greatly increased our closet’s storage capacity! I’m sure there’s more to be done, but this works for now. Now to KEEP things organized…
* Finish YouVersion Bible reading plan
I read a few days, but not every day…MUST get better about this. I’m on day 49 of 365.
* Send 60 thank you notes this year (5 per month); finish sending wedding thank you notes (30 left…terrible, I know!)
I sent 7 during the month of January…still need to do wedding ones!
* Finish purchasing “secret sister” gifts so that I am always prepared
I began making a plan for each month, including a budget, but have not purchased any gifts yet.
* Finish organizing attic and put everything in plastic containers for protection from mice/temperatures
This one might have to wait until Spring, because it’s REALLY cold in our attic…