I’ve recently begun trying “couponing”–though NOT like the women on TV…I only get what the two of us can use and stick with the healthy foods that are on sale/with a coupon. We’ve saved a lot of money already–in fact, with one month’s food budget, we bought enough food for what seems like two months!
That got me to thinking…and I wondered if we could go a month without doing any major grocery shopping. So, we’ve decided to try!
For the month of April (as long as we can go):
- We will only go to the store to get fresh produce (because you can’t effectively stockpile those items).
- We will not duplicate any meals (variations are okay, but no complete duplications).
- We will only use food that is in our freezer/pantry.
- We will still maintain our healthy lifestyle and will continue to focus on nutrition.
- We will blog about our progress (with pictures of the meals) for accountability.
I have no idea how far we can actually make it in the month, but I think we can do the entire month, even if we have rice and beans (variations thereof) for a few meals.
I’m still working on a name for our little challenge, but I have two days to decide. Suggestions are welcome!