We met with the neurologist this morning to receive further insight into the MRI results, and it looks like we will still have to wait for a certain diagnosis.
However, the news we did receive is devastating.
We saw the MRI images and the inside of Tori’s brain has shrunk, and there is fluid in the middle. The doctor said that it appears that she has some form of leukodystrophy – which is very serious and not always treatable. I am crying as I even type those words.
We will have blood work on Tuesday to try to narrow down what she is facing, but it doesn’t look good. She will also be seeing a pediatric ophthalmologist.
We need a complete miracle. We know God is bigger than this! But the thought that we might losing our baby girl is more than we can bear. We are trying to stay strong for her sake, but it is extremely difficult.
It can take weeks to get the blood work results back. This is going to be agonizing.
To make matters worse, if this is indeed a genetic thing, we may not be advised to have more children.
On the way home, a song came on that had the line “earth has no sorrow that heaven can’t cure.” We are pleading with God to fix it here and not take her away from us, though that would be the ultimate cure.
Please pray for our precious Tori. And please pray for us as we deal with this potentially horrible news.