We are asked several times a week how people can help us practically and tangibly, and we usually don’t have an answer. God is taking amazing care of us and we are so thankful!
We are doing okay financially thus far, thanks to Brennan’s hard work and his excellent job and benefits, but we still have very tight pay periods from time to time. We continue to live on a strict budget in order to make it work.
Your prayers and notes of encouragement are an amazing blessing to us – we keep them all!
We have been told that some want to do more to help us, and we don’t want to say no to others’ desire to help. We, too, love to tangibly help others whenever possible, so we understand the desire to “do more” when possible.
So, Brennan and I have come up with a few things that would be helpful IF you wanted to support us in this way, but it is in NO way expected.
- The original GoFundMe account is still active. The link is: https://www.gofundme.com/luphsw?fb_action_ids=10205843215261819&fb_action_types=og.shares We reported how we made use of the funds in this post. The funds were depleted in July with the necessary purchase of the van, and we are so blessed each day by that vehicle!
- Some of Tori’s medications were ruining our cloth diapers so we switched to disposables a couple of months ago. She currently wears size 2 Pampers Swaddlers. Wipes would be wonderful as well.
- Jimmy John’s gift cards (they deliver and Lesa orders lunch from them when Tori has rough days because it is fast and easy).
- Donations toward a monthly housecleaning service (we had it done in June by a wonderful local woman and it was an amazing help to us; she charges $60).
- Panera gift cards are a great healthy dinner help.
- Dream Dinners gift cards so we can have meals in the freezer for easy dinner prep.
- PeaPod or Giant gift cards for grocery delivery
- Coffee is pretty great 😉
- iTunes gift cards would allow us to buy some new worship music…
- Amazon and grocery gift cards are always useful.
- Anything that reminds us to take care of ourselves is great too – like getting new clothes (Old Navy, Gap, Kohl’s, JCPenney, etc.), pedicures :), or haircuts.
Our mailing address is:
P.O. Box 126425
Harrisburg, PA 17112
The biggest thing you can do to help is to continue to spread the word, write to legislators, and fight for Newborn Screening for Krabbe!
We can’t think of anything else, so hopefully this is helpful if you are one of those who have asked us how you can help! ❤️
You have all blessed us more than we could ever repay – thank you for bringing such joy to our lives during this challenging season.
2 thoughts on “How You Can Help”
Thank you for taking the time to do this. How about massages I know it.is good for me would it be something that would help you..
Brennan is a massage therapist and has co-workers who work on us whenever they can ❤ We are blessed!