Preface: Last year I decided to express my thanks during the month of November for something new each day, as so many others have done before me. I never finished this series, so that’s my goal this year. I am re-posting the ones I wrote last year and adding new ones. This was originally posted on 11/06/12 (with slight changes made today).
Today is our third anniversary.
I am so thankful that God brought me to Pennsylvania for many reasons…but I’m especially thankful that He allowed me the privilege of meeting Brennan on April 12, 2009.
I was content where I was and wasn’t looking to get married…but God had other plans and I’m SO thankful that His ways are different/greater than ours!
Brennan has been such an amazing friend and life partner through the past four and a half years of being together.
He consistently encourages me by his example to be a better person and sharpens me in ways I didn’t expect.
Just some of the things I love about Brennan…
- His smile
- The way he rubs his hands together when he is excited
- The way he looks when he’s dressed up (SO handsome!)
- His scent
- His selflessness
- His simplicity
- His gorgeous green eyes
- His leadership with our MHS boys
- The way he cuddles up to me in the morning
- His affectionate nature
- His love of showing his affection for me–publicly and privately
- His willingness to eat anything that I prepare
- The way he can read me in a second and know how I’m feeling
- His tendency to become protective of me when I am hurting
- His amazing work ethic and how hard he works to provide
- The passion he displays when he prays out loud
- His love of children (he will be an amazing father)
- His never-ending support and encouragement
- His patience
- His goofiness 🙂
The joy that Brennan brings to my life is incredible. Life is so much richer with him by my side! I am so thankful for him and for the adventures we’ve had so far…and for those yet to come.
Thank you, Jesus, for answering my lifelong prayer for a husband by bringing me Brennan. He is more wonderful than I ever imagined.