There are many pieces of equipment that help our Krabbe babies, and a “stander” is one of those things.
Tori will be getting the EasyStand Zing MPS.
The stander provides the following benefits:
- Improves/maintains range of motion
- Decreases joint/muscle contracture
- Management of atrophy in the trunk and lower extremities
- Improves strength to trunk and lower extremities
- Decreases muscle spasms
- Improves/maintains bone integrity/skeletal development
- Lessens/manages the progression of scoliosis
- Manages pressure (ulcers) through changing positions
- Improves bowel function and regularity
- Aids in kidney and bladder functions
- Strengthens cardiovascular system and build endurance
- Improves circulation
- Reduces swelling in lower extremities
By the age of 1, most babies are moving around and learning to stand on their own…Tori can’t do that herself, so this will help her body receive the benefits of standing.
Tori had her fitting today and we are excited! This is a new model and it has many helpful features that will make her more comfortable.
At this point Tori was voicing her displeasure at this new position 😉 Don’t worry – she wasn’t in pain, it was just new.
As you can clearly see by her facial expressions, she wasn’t so sure about it at first, but she adjusted to the new position and seemed to enjoy standing up.
We should have her stander in about a month or less!