Sorry for the generic post. I’ve seen many of these types of things, but this one was strikingly true. Had to share (my edited version–not all were appropriate)! I know that some of these are stereotypes, and not all apply to me, but some do…okay, that’s my disclaimer. 🙂
I’M CALIFORNIAN. THAT MEANS…
– I say “like” and “for sure” and “right on” and “dude” and “bro” and “peace out” and “hella” and I say them often.
– I know what real cheese & avocadoes taste like.
– I don’t get snow days off because theres only snow in Mammoth, Tahoe and Big Bear.
(Instead, we have flood days, smog days, and heat days, LOL)
– Summers are really hot, and winters are really cold. And by “really cold” we mean that its usually in the 50’s or 60’s and the only reason we are complaining is because we are still wearing tank tops and flip flops.
– I can wear sandals all year long. (yay!)
– I go to the Beach – not “down to the shore”.
– I know 65 mph really means 80+.
– I’ve been to “Frisco” (aka San Francisco) and have eaten fresh clam chowder out of a sourdough bread bowl.
– You judge people based on what area code they live in (i.e. “the 909”), and when asked were you’re from, NorCal and SoCal are completely acceptable terms of reference.
– I might get looked at funny by locals when I’m on vacation in their state, but when they find out I’m from California I turn into a Greek GOD.
– We don’t stop at stop signs…we do a “california roll”
– I can get fresh and REAL Mexican food 24 hours a day.
– All the TV shows you “other” states watch get filmed here.
– We have In-N-Out (Arizona and Vegas are lucky we share that with them).
My own addition to the list: Believe it or not, we actually have REAL Christmas trees, from our own forests. We do not (typically) decorate palm trees. 🙂 (Based upon a real question asked of me in Pennsylvania).